Canned pumpkin speeds things up but you can always try with fresh pumpkin when the season is right J.
· 1 can (15.5 ounces) 100% pure pumpkin puree (I use the Libby’s canned pumpkin)
· 3 large eggs
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
· 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spoon the pumpkin puree into a food processor and add the eggs, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper. Process for 10 to 15 seconds to combine.
Coat a 6-cup gratin dish with the butter. Fill the dish with the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until set and lightly browned on top. Serve.
I just had this today at work for our Thanksgiving food day and it was AMAZING!