Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You are Here and Then You are Not...

It still blows my mind anytime someone passes away suddenly.  I will be honest, it obviously affects me more when it is my own family or someone that I am close to.  I lost my Uncle Jack on Monday, August 2nd, unexpectedly.  Though I am sad that he is gone, I am praising our Holy Father for redeeming my Uncle.  My uncle had a very rough life but, thankfully he found Jesus and His salvation a few years ago!  I have always had a soft spot in my heart for him.  I remember each time I would tell him that I loved him and he would always say, "I love you too kid".  I know I will see him again!  Please pray for his children, they are not believer's and I know that he was in prayer for them to find Jesus.

Today's devotion that was sent to me is so appropriate for all of us but, especially for me.  I always feel like I have to look a certain way or be a certain way for a man to like me.  Well, that is just a lie from satan and I am trying fervently to break that lie.  Here is the verse and the note along with it...I hope it touches you and fills your mind with God's truth.
"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." -- 1 Samuel 16:7

THOUGHT:

Have you ever wondered how many potentially good friends you may
have lost simply by judging them on your first impression of them?
I'm amazed at how the first impression very seldom tells us much of
substance about another person. We're not really going to be able
to evaluate people properly until the Lord reveals at judgment what
is really in their hearts. Don't you think that we should give them
time to reveal what is in their hearts before we make a decision
about them?! Let's don't just look on the outward appearance!

I have sadly done this too many times!  Though I know that the world is full of people who only look at the outward appearance (me included sometimes), ultimately we should only care about what the Lord sees.  Don't get me wrong, I know that the Lord wants us to take care of ourselves but, He loves us no matter what!  HOW AMAZING!

Here is another person who loves me unconditionally....


No comments:

Post a Comment