Monday, May 16, 2011

Awesome!

Isn't it awesome when we can see in ourself that God is working on our behalf?!  I have been in a pit for a few years and recently I have been drawing near to the Lord and He is pulling me out of that place.  It's funny how the closer we get to the Lord the more the enemy attacks us.  Sometimes it overwhelms me and other times, I have such freedom in knowing that it doesn't matter what a person thinks of me.  I am a child of God and He is truly all I need.

Most recently something has happened, that when it has occured in the past, I have been devasted, but this time, it is so strange, I am not bothered at all and I am at complete peace today about it.  Does that mean I will continue to feel this way?  Maybe not...but, I will tell you, I am going to press in to the Lord no matter what.  God is showing Himself to me in more amazing ways, and I can't wait to see how He is going to continue to reveal Himself.  In this process there have been many doors and relationships I can feel He is guiding me in another direction, not necessarily closing them, but opening my eyes to things that I didn't want to see before.

Today my devotional had this scripture in it: Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  I have found that I love that chapter of the bible.  Psalm 139:13-18 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you."  Is probably my favorite of all.  Our world is so consumed with what we MUST look like, and what we MUST have.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to care about the things that the world cares about.  I want to care about what my CREATOR cares about and what He thinks of me, His child.  I wish I could reach out to all women who feel so unloved and "ugly" and pray this word over them and that it would sink in to all of us...me included.

God's love NEVER fails, NEVER leaves us, NEVER walks out on us.  His timing is always perfect!

Have a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment