Monday, August 22, 2011

Grateful Beyond Words

So many God things have been happening in the past 2 months, it has been so wonderfully overwelming!  Let me begin...I began actively looking for my first home to purchase at the beginning of Summer 2011.  Let me tell you the emotions and feelings that ran through my mind were endless!  Then there became a time of searching where I felt as if there were no homes available for me that I could afford.  Then I get a text from my realtor in July that says, "this house just went on the market, for this amount, it is going to go fast, we have to look at it today!", I thought, ok...let's just see.  So, I went and looked and wasn't very sure and then within in 10 minutes, I had to choose if I wanted to make an offer on this house!  I am not a spur of the moment or fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, as a matter of fact it takes me a long time to make a small decision, let alone a HUGE decision like this one!  So, I took the first step of faith and made an offer...needless to say, I freaked out!  all that weekend waiting, I thought, holy crap...what have I done...I have made a huge mistake!  By Monday morning I had calmed down a lot, by prayer and finding my trust and rest in Jesus.  By Tuesday I heard the words that were exciting and terifying all in the same breath..."they've accepted your offer, you are getting a HOUSE"! 

Then the real grown up stuff started happening...home inspections, paper work, praying, praying, praying, and receiving what God has picked out for me.  So, I was now on a mission for things/necessities, it was a foreclosure, so it did not have all the appliances and some other things that you "must" have in your home.  So, I got the word out that I was in need of the following items:
  • Dryer (received for FREE within in a week of requesting it!)  Blessing #1
  • Refrigerator (received for FREE within a week or 2 of requesting it!) Blessing #2, then had a minor problem and had to go a different route, and in turn received yet another FREE refrigerator from a very nice older man, whom I would ask you say a prayer or peace and joy over. so, Blessing #4
  • Washing Machine (purchased for a very low price off of Craigslist, and it is a good washing machine) Blessing #3
  • Inspection on my home was perfect, other than the minor visual things you could see that needed repaired!  Blessing #5
  • Received a 1 year Home warranty Blessing #6
I hear a lot of people say that a lot can go wrong the week before you close on a home, paper work can get backed up, blah blah blah.  Well, I received another confirmation that this was the right step for me to take, because I did not have ONE hiccup at all, Blessing #7.  Then as the day came on Tuesday, August 9, 2011, I signed the papers to my very own HOME!  The time it took to sign my life away as many would say, was so brief!  I was told it could take anywhere from 30 min. to an hour and how horrible it is to have to sign everything...well, I don't believe it even took a whole 20 min. to sign "my life away"!  Blessing #8!

Through this whole process I have seen what God can do.  I am a very skeptical, scared, afraid of making a bad decision kind of girl...but, ever since I took that HUGE step of Faith...God has done nothing but confirm and bless me that this was the path that He called me on and He has been showing Himself to me in so many ways.

Blessings #9 family!  I don't know what I would do without my family, my mom and step dad seem to step up at any time or season in my life.  My sister for giving of her time and talents.  My dad for helping in "his" way. :)  My niece for wanting to be a part of all of this in helping and claiming her very own room at my new house.

Blessings #10 faithful friends!  I have been extremely blessed by several friends that have gone far above and beyond what they were ever expected.  From going and picking up refrigerator #1 and then in turn going and picking up refrigerator #2 and then helping move me. 

Words really can not express the gratitude that I have for all of those who have prayed over me, helped me and loved me with actions and words here most recently and over the years.

Blessing #11 my home has been prayed over and I know God has put me there.  And I can find rest in Him and His promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment