Monday, October 18, 2010

Do Not Fear....

I read a great devotional this morning by Joyce Meyer, it the Battlefield of the Mind devotional.  I HIGHLY recommend it.  "Life is a struggle, and teh devil is determined to defeat and destroy us.  We don't ever reach the place where we never have to fight.  But it's not just our fight.  Jesus in not only with us, but He is for us.  He's at our side to strengthen us and to urge us onward."  The verse that popped out to me was Isaiah 43:1b-2  "Fear not, for I have redeemed you...; I have called you by name; you are Mine.  When you pass through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you."  It blows my mind when I actually stop and think about God calling me by name, I can just hear it in my head now, Jill, you are MINE!  WOW!  It almost brings tears to my eyes. 

One thing I am learning as an adult is there is always some kind of trial burning in our lives.  Whether we are single or married have children or don't, there is always something.  The devil tries his hardest to attack us from all angles.  Praise Jesus that He walks with us in our trials and storms.  I know that I personally feel so defeated by the stupid devil so many times....but it is so great to have such a wonderful reminder that I am truly never alone.

Being single sometimes the feeling of being alone can be so overwhelming.  But, I love that scripture where He reminds me that I am never alone!  There are moments where I feel like I just can't do it any more, but God never lets me go and He has put a few wonderful people in my life that pray for me and uplift me, and for them, I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment