Sunday, January 2, 2011

God Speaks...

Wow, I picked up my devotional by Joyce Meyer this morning, "Battlefield of the Mind" and the Lord totally spoke to me. Especially with the relationship troubles I've been having. "Think About What You Are Thinking About" and the verse that goes with it is Philippians 4:8a Whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your mind on these things].

This has been such a great devotional for me, because my mind runs wild and goes so many places it shouldn't. I can't blame my unhappiness on anyone! I cant! The enemy knows were to attack me and my thoughts is a huge place. I have to make it a priority to review the way I am thinking! "Satan deceives us into thinking that the source of our misery or pain is other people or sometimes our situations. He tries not to let us face the fact that our own thoughts are the source of our unhappiness".

My goal: seek the Lords help to keep my mind and thoughts fixed on Him! And to find my joy and completion in Jesus!

Jill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment