Sunday, March 1, 2009

A New Day and A New Thing

Hello Bloggers! I have decided to become a part of the blogging world again! Yes, that's right. I started a blog several years ago and kept up with it occasionally, but that was all before the wonderful world of Facebook and Myspace. I love to read my friends blogs and also look at others blogs that I don't even know. Lately I have seen so many wonderful blogs of how God is answering prayers. That has been so encouraging to me! One of the most amazing miracles I have seen God answer is through my friend Kelly's blog, http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/, about their sweet baby girl Harper.

So, today I tried a new church. It is really nerve racking to walk into a new place by yourself and not see a familiar face, but I will say, those people were so welcoming and so kind! I think about 8 people came up to me and said hello and that they were glad I was there. It was overwhelming, a good overwhelming! I know a family that goes there and I eventually met up with them, it was a good service. It was on surrendering our lives completely over to Christ. The topic was "3 Essentials to being a disciple of Christ"...
1. Abandonment "deny yourself"
2. Alignment "take up your cross daily" Luke 14:27, Galatians 2:20, 1 Peter 2:11, 1 Timothy 4:7, and Romans 6:4,6
3. Allegiance "follow Me"
Those are 3 great things to break down and think upon this week.

I had a pretty low key weekend. I did what I wanted to do and it seemed to have flown by. In my opinion, weekends do not last nearly long enough! And as for the snow we received, I am ready for it to move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment